It is not enough to be informed about a
country, you need to know and understand it to find and offer the best investment
Understanding a country from the bottom
up is even more necessary if that country is China, where important economic and socio-demographic changes
are taking place that will affect the whole planet. We have been doing business in China since 2009 through
our shares in Penghua Fund management, founded in 1998. Over the years we have developed specific expertise
in investment services, asset management and consultancy through the establishment of two subsidiaries,
Eurizon SLJ Capital LTD and Eurizon Capital Asia LTD. They help us to search and offer our clients diverse
investment opportunities in the Chinese market.
LONDON EURIZON SLJ
CAPITAL LTD (65%)
Emerging market specialists
TEAM OF EMERGING MARKET INVESTMENT AND RESEARCH
SPECIALISTS WORK TOGETHER TOWARDS CREATING ROBUST STRATEGIES FOR SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES.
experience in consultancy and macro analysis
- Eurizon SLJ Capital LTD is an asset management company based in London, in business since 2016,
offering investment and advisory services, with a focus on currency management and macroeconomic
research. 35% of the shares are owned by Stephen Li Jen and Fatih Yilmaz, the founding partners of SLJ Macro Partners, a London-based asset manager whose operations were incorporated into the current company.
- The team has a wealth of expertise in macroeconomic analysis, combined with a rigorous
quantitative approach and many years of international experience. This enables Eurizon SLJ Capital
LTD to aim for an open dialogue with clients to better understand their needs.
- Thanks to a diverse team of experts in research and investment in emerging markets, including
CEO Stephen Li Jen and a number of native Chinese speaking portfolio managers, Eurizon SLJ Capital
LTD is currently aiming at creating strong strategies aimed at achieving specific objectives,
offering solutions in both investment services (portfolio management, macroeconomic research) and
SHENZHEN PENGHUA FUND
Over €99 billion1
THE ASSETS OF PENGHUA FUND MANAGEMENT, ONE OF
CHINA'S LEADING ASSET MANAGEMENT OPERATORS2
At the top of
the asset management industry
- Eurizon is doing business in China with a partnership (49%) in Penghua Fund Management, an asset
management company founded in 1998 and based in Shenzhen. With assets of over 99 billion euros,
Penghua Fund Management is one of China's leading players in the asset management industry.
- The company manages third party assets through retail client funds, state pension funds (Social
Security Fund), characterised by Qualified Domestic Institutional Investor (QDII) and Asset
- Penghua is 50% owned by Guosen Securities Co., a Chinese company that has been performing
investment banking, brokerage, asset management and research since 1989. 1% of the shares are
by Shenzhen Brillice Investment and Development Co. LTD.
HONG KONG EURIZON CAPITAL
THE YEAR OF BIRTH OF THE COMPANY THAT AIMS AT
SUPPORTING EURIZON'S PRESENCE IN ASIA
The centre of
excellence to support your presence in Asian markets
- Previously a branch of Eurizon Capital S.A., Eurizon Capital SGR has controlled Eurizon Capital
Asia LTD since 2018, established with the aim of creating a support hub for Eurizon's presence in
- The company's structure in Hong Kong was strengthened in June 2020 thanks to a highly professional
team with many years of experience in the asset management sector in Asian markets. This will
accelerate expansion in an area that is experiencing significant growth in asset management (which
has grown at a compound annual rate of 12% over the last five years3) and develop a
centre of excellence in investment in emerging Asian markets, as well as enhancing expertise in
- The strengthening of Eurizon Capital Asia LTD is part of the Intesa Sanpaolo Group's business
plan, which considers Eurizon's growth on international markets as one of the main drivers of
development in wealth management.
- Source: Eurizon Capital SGR internal processing, data as at 30 September 2020.
- Source: Galaxy Security.
- Source: Asset Management Association of China (AMAC).